Thursday, May 22

University Schedule

I have six weeks left until my summer in South Korea!  ^_^  I know I keep saying I'm excited, but I don't know how else to say it!  I also keep getting a lot of questions about what I will be doing there, so I'm going to create a few blog posts over the next couple of week answering that question!  First, I will hopefully begin by describing the program at Sogang a little bit (from what I know about it).

It is a 6 credit program that is 5 weeks long (July 9-August 8).  I will be in class a total of 138 hours and they will be 6 hours per day, Monday-Friday.  These classes consist of 4 hours of language classes and 2 hour culture classes each day.  As far as I know, my class size should not be much larger than 12.  Along with classes at the university, we will complete out-of-class activities in Seoul and go on a two-day field trip (which I will go into depth about in a later post).

According to the University, this is an idea of my schedule every day:

TimetableMONTUEWEDTHUFRI
09:00 - 09:50WritingWritingWritingWritingReview
10:00 - 10:50GrammarSpeakingGrammarSpeaking
11:10 - 12:00SpeakingCommunicative ActivitiesSpeakingCommunicative Activities
12:10 - 01:00Reading & SpeakingListening & SpeakingReading & SpeakingListening & Speaking
01:00 - 02:00Lunch Break
02:00 - 04:00Interactive Culture Classes
(In and out-of-class activities)
Special Activities and Field Trips

After class is let out in the afternoons, I will have time to explore the city, meet with my language exchange partner, and volunteer at the local hagwon.  The weekends are mine to do what I want with.  Hopefully this helps answer you question about the University--I will go into the field trip more on a later date!  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment