Saturday, July 26

Day 18

So today was a pretty good day.  I stayed up until 4:00 AM in the morning studying, so I was really tired.  I have added picture of some of my homework that I was working on during that time.  By the time class rolled around, I was TIRED!  I think I did really well on the first test, but I'm not so sure about the second test.  It was REALLY hard.



At lunch, I chose to take a shower because I was gross.  Then I went to culture class which was a lecture about the Traditional Korean Hanok (house).  Many of the students were not excited about this, but I really enjoyed it.  I'm super facinated by traditional homes.  The speaker was a professor from Seoul National University--he is actually the first non-Korean to become a professor of Korean language.  He also basically built his own Hanok.  It was gorgeous.



The guy holding the mic is Nicola teacher.  The other man is the speaker.




We caught Keith sleeping during the lecture!








After culture class, Katie, Carrie, and I chose to go back to the War Museum because we did not get to see everything we wanted to see.
























































Such an awesome drink...they have amazing drinks in South Korea.





































We decided to come back to campus for dinner and I had an amazing bacon pasta.  I love that I can now understand when they call my number to come and get my food!


After dinner, we relaxed for a bit and then headed off in search of some cool places in Sincheon.  It started raining, so we decided to go into the U Plex and look around.  It was similar to the Hyundai Department Store, but not as expensive.  The malls here are unique in that they are tall and not long like back at home.  There are usually like 12 floors with different areas on each floor.  Usually the makeup and perfume stores are the main floor.  Also, there are normally bottom floors that are like super markets.









Once we finished with shopping, we walked around more and chose to buy some bing-su!  I love this stuff!



Once we finished eating, we went back to the dorm to get some sleep.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment