Saturday, April 26

Flying High

So far, the application process has been pretty simple for me.  Unfortunately, I did not have as much luck with finding a flight.  I spend about two weeks looking at several flight comparison sights and by the end chose to go with Expedia.  Although the price was right (though I wouldn't complain if it were less), I could not find one that got into South Korea at a decent time.

When staying in the dorms, they require you to sign in by 5:00pm.  This was going to be a problem for me because I couldn't find any flights that got into South Korea before then.  One set of flights landed at 10:00pm, but I did not want to have to sleep in the airport or try to make my way to a hotel that late at night.  The other sets got in at 4:50pm.  When going from the airport to the University, it takes over an hour through public transportation to get there.  (I have already chosen to take the bus system to get to the airport, so I'll let you know how that goes when the time comes!)  Therefore, that time was not going to work.  Before choosing anything, I spoke to one of the staff members at the University and are willing to check me in as long as I can get to the school by 8:00pm.  Hopefully my plane can land on time!  I feel so blessed that they are trying to do whatever they can to help me.  I'm already a bit nervous about finding my way to the University when I speak very little Korean.

Anyways, so that helped me make my decision!  I chose a round-trip flight with two layovers in Canada...eh!  ^_^  Thankfully my layovers are not that long on my way to South Korea, but I will be stuck in Vancouver on the way back for about 11 hours!  >.<

Now that I have my flight scheduled and admission letter in hand, I only have to get my medical evaluation done.  In order to stay in the dorms, I have to have a form filled out by my doctor basically saying that I do not have any communicable diseases.  In two weeks, that will be done and I will just spend the rest of my time outside of work studying up on my Korean!  ^_^  I can't wait!

In other news, I am still highly obsessed with MFBTY's song "Sweet Dreams".  You should listen to it--you won't be able to get it out of your head!


No comments:

Post a Comment