Friday, August 1

Day 25

Today was one of my favorite days so far!  It started out with me feeling really exhausted from the night before!  I did make it to class (because I can't miss class--I would feel awful and lost) and loved it.  We learned a lot of words and their opposites.  There were a lot of useful words, but now I just need to memorize them.  

After language class, I went back to take a bit of a nap before MISO.  MISO is sort of like South Korea's broadway show.  There was very little talking and the music was AMAZING.  I had a hard time paying attention to the stage because I kept staring at the instruments in the pit!  I love traditional Korean music.  The performance and backdrops were also really awesome.  We were not able to take a picture once it started, so I'm sorry!  




After the performance, Nicola, Matt, Alex, Myeong Jeen, Kyle, Aaron, Ariel, and I chose to go to the Han River for a bit.





I LOVED this area.  There are obviously a ton of stations to go to in order to get to the river because the river goes on forever, but we took a random one.  There was a band playing, so we sat and listened to them a bit.  



A gold building!








After awhile, we became hungry and so Aaron (whose Korean is the best amongst us) chose to call a chicken restaurant in the area.  We ordered it as delivery and in about an hour, the scooter met Alex, Myeong Jeen, and Kyle at exit 3.  We listened to the music a bit more and ate delicious chicken, fries, and cheese sticks.



The music got a bit old, so we moved over to a grassy patch and played charades and just hung out until about 10:00 PM.  It was so relaxing.  I loved sitting with the hundreds of other groups of people and just hanging out.  There were also some couples that had tents set up!  I'm hoping to come back next week for the nighttime water light show!  Anyways, I need to go to bed because I have Seoul Trekking in the morning at 8:00 AM.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment